There are pictures here of course, but this is not about my photography business as such. If that's what you're after, please click on this link and it will take you to my business site. If you want to get in touch with me more directly, you can use the facebook tool below, or you can always call me at 209.743.9649

I hope you all find one site as beautiful as the other. Take a little time, when you have it, to drop me a line and let me know what you think. I like hearing from my friends; even those I haven't met yet.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Jerry


My father in law Jerry is a big science fiction fan. It fits him perfectly. He likes to have a nice escape from time to time, but he likes to keep his brain turned on.

He's turned the kids on to a number of things and it's fun to watch them share this together. He asks questions. They ponder and answer. Cool.

Jerry is also a bit of a collector. He does favor old toys. He's gathered a few Pez dispensers over the years, amongst a number of other curiosities.

The kids are naturally attracted to the toys, but very respectful. They belong to Poppa after all.

So it was a cause of great joy when they came across this set of Star Trek themed Pez dispensers at the grocery store. We live in a small town. We have one store. There it was. They had to get it for Poppa!

His birthday was coming up. They took me aside countless times to remind me about going back to the store for Poppa's Star Trek present. There was much whispering and even more serious conspiratorial "secret" whispering. This went on for weeks.

Thankfully when I went back to the store, there they were. I was afraid they'd have sold them all...but I guess science fiction themed collectibles are not quite the rage here. Good for us. Really good for the kids.

And Poppa of course.

Getting to be here so this kind of thing could unfold was the whole reason this move made sense from the beginning. All the rest is gravy.

Happy Birthday Jerry. Thanks for everything.

No comments: