There are pictures here of course, but this is not about my photography business as such. If that's what you're after, please click on this link and it will take you to my business site. If you want to get in touch with me more directly, you can use the facebook tool below, or you can always call me at 209.743.9649

I hope you all find one site as beautiful as the other. Take a little time, when you have it, to drop me a line and let me know what you think. I like hearing from my friends; even those I haven't met yet.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Peace, Love, and Frogs


Our family just completed our usual participation in the Calaveras County Fair. Those of you up on your modern literary history will remember the place as the setting of the tall tale written by Mark Twain, and as the one that set him on the national stage as a writer of note.

Thus our fair is known as the Frogjump.

This years winner was "Bozo" who's set a record, not for jumping far, but for consecutive wins, at 4 years running...er...jumping.

Robin, the kids, and I didn't jump any frogs. Perhaps next year.

As usual I have a booth displaying my photography business, and the kids have entered all kinds of things in the local crafts competitions. All three kids won blue ribbons this year! Lego creations were entered by each, and Elizabeth took a first place in flower arranging.

Eat your heart out Uncle Brendan!

I'm particularly proud of Elizabeth for her prize as the competitors were all adult women and she still took a first prize! She's 5....she's amazing.

I've been told for some time that I should enter a picture in the photography contest. I haven't done so in any venue for some time. Having been a judge in the past it'd be a a bit odd to be a competitor.

There is however the "Mark Twain Liar's Contest" which requires one to enter a piece of written balderdash and then read it on stage.

I was pleased to have been able to attend this years contest, but disappointed to have heard nobody manage a particularly good reading. I don't know about the criteria for the judging of this contest, but if the delivery of the entry is any part, I could take down the field next year.

Certainly I could manage the bullshit.

As for the photography...in the booth this year I decided to include a themed portrait if Isidore. So I got him in the rustic garb and posed him at the neighbor's pond.

Something in the spirit of Mark Twain was in order I thought. It came out well if I do say so myself.

We all had a great time, and Robin and the kids had 4 days of just enjoying themselves. A long needed break for all.

Do yourselves a favor; go fishin' sometime soon.

Patrick

No comments: