There are pictures here of course, but this is not about my photography business as such. If that's what you're after, please click on this link and it will take you to my business site. If you want to get in touch with me more directly, you can use the facebook tool below, or you can always call me at 209.743.9649

I hope you all find one site as beautiful as the other. Take a little time, when you have it, to drop me a line and let me know what you think. I like hearing from my friends; even those I haven't met yet.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Prep for planting...structure


We have predators, we have scavengers, we have pesky critters of all kinds. So things have gotten a bit medeival around here. We cage our animals at night so the bobcats don't eat 'em. Mostly it works. Sometimes it does not. Bobcats are smart and evidently very dextrous.

Today we were preparing garden beds for planting a million tomatoes and for my peppers. The pests in this case are the pet geese who will eat everything. So luckily we only need to make it a bit difficult (very short fence) and they give up and chew on the lawn. Nice.

Jerry found these ancient fenceposts somewhere for free, so we're putting them back in the ground. Beautiful and primitive. Woodhenge.

Then he made the dirt into swiss cheese with all the holes. It'll be really nice when it's all planted of course...breakfast on the garden patio will be amazing this summer...but it's kinda nice right now too. I like to just look at it and imagine the possibilities. Kinda like havin' kids.

No comments: